Benefix makes it incredibly simple for employees to fill out their application for enrollment. In just under five minutes, they can log into their portal, fill out all of the required information, and e-sign their application.
1. Once the employee invitations are sent by either the broker or group admin, the employee will receive an email that looks like this.
2. The employee will then click the blue "Sign In" button to create a password and access their application.
3. Next, the employee will fill out personal information such as their date of birth, address, and phone number.
4. Next, they will indicate their gender, enter their social security number, and indicate whether or not they're enrolled in Medicare or use tobacco.
5. The next step is for the employee to indicate whether or not they have a spouse or any dependents.
6. The employee then determines if they would like coverage or not — If they are waiving coverage, skip to step 12 of this article:
7. If they choose to elect coverage, their next step would be to select who they would like to have covered. This window populates with choices based on their previously entered household information. Here they can also view a summary of the plan, the SBC, and what it will cost them.
8. Next, the employee will need to fill out more detailed information for their spouse/dependents if they are also electing coverage.
9. The final step is to confirm that all of their information is correct and then click "Confirm."
10. After the employee clicks "Confirm," they will be asked to review and accept the terms and conditions of the application and to e-sign.
11. After they click "Sign," they will see that they are finished.
12. If the employee chooses to waive coverage from the employer, they will need to mark that they understand their choice and state the reason why they are waiving coverage.
13. After waiving coverage, they will need to sign-off on their decision through an e-signature.