Benefix makes it incredibly simple and efficient to enroll your small groups! In just a few simple steps, you're able to begin your enrollment, confirm your plans & contributions, invite the group admin and employees, and complete all of the necessary documents.
1. Once you've locked down the employer contributions and plan selections for your group, head to Step 4 of their quote. Here, you'll hover over the plans your group would like to enroll in and click the "Enroll" checkbox. Once all of the desired plans have been selected, click "Enroll Now."
2. This takes you to your Enrollment dashboard. At the top of this page, there is a section labeled "Important Dates." Here, you can you can change or confirm your start and end dates for open enrollment, as well as view your selected effective date.
3. The next section you'll see is labeled "To Enroll." Here, you’ll see a brief summary of your plan type, carrier, and product. In this section you can also change or confirm your Employer Contribution.
*NOTE* The employer contributions must be confirmed before you can invite your employees.
4. The next section on your Enrollment dashboard is your "Enrollment Checklist." This is your go-to place for everything regarding your group's enrollment. This checklist updates in real time as you and your group progress through the application steps.
5. The first item on the checklist is the "Invite Employer Group Admin" feature — check out our help center article for a more in-depth look at how to utilize this feature.
Once you've invited the Employer Group Admin, your checklist will update and mark the task as "done" by showing a green checkmark.
6. The second item on the checklist is the Group Application. There are two ways to fill out this application:
- Invite the Employer Group Admin to their portal to complete the application on their own, OR
- Do it yourself! This guided application is simple to navigate and takes just a few minutes to fill out.
Back in the Enrollment Checklist view, the status will update as you or the Group Admin fills out the application.
If you can't complete the group application all in one step, you can utilize the "Save" button at the bottom of the page. All of your information will be saved, allowing you to return at a later time to complete the application.
You can also click the "Highlight Incomplete Fields" button at the bottom of the page to indicate which parts of the application still need your attention. These incomplete fields will then be shown in red.
7. The third item on the Enrollment Checklist is the "Employee Applications."
There are two options for completing this section:
- The Employer Group Admin can invite employees to their own Benefix portal. Employees will then fill out the application on their own — check out our help center article to learn how to utilize this feature, OR
- Fill it out yourself! Click on "Employee Applications," to be taken the full list of group employees. From there, you'll enter employee name, email, and date of hire. Once this is completed, click "Send Invitation(s)" to invite employees to fill out their applications.
You can also click on "manage" to download or upload an employee application:
8. The fourth step in the Enrollment Checklist is where you can upload any additional documents relevant to the application:
9. Once you have completed your checklist, you can now "Enroll the group!"
10. Your final step is to download all of your completed enrollment documents and send them directly to the carrier or to your general agency!