With Benefix, you're able to run a multi-option quote for your small group in just four simple steps. This type of quote is perfect for a group with more than one current plan, or a group who would like to offer multiple plans to their employees.
Step 1: Start Quote
1. To begin a multi-option quote, add a new group or select the existing group that you’d like to quote.
2. Next, choose their effective date and name their quote accordingly.
3. Finally, check the multi-option box and select how many options you would like included within your proposal.
4.Click "Next" to continue.
Step 2: Enter Census
With Benefix, you have several options for uploading census information. If you'd like to save time, you can include minimum information by using our "Quick Add" feature to input a subscriber's zip code, date of birth, and indicate the option group they're in.
*NOTE* If you are quoting in New York, you can use "Quick Add" for group size.
If you'd prefer to include more detailed information, you're able to either manually add members or upload your census information.
To manually add members to your census, start by clicking the "+Employee" button. Here, you can add details such as name, physical address, the option group they're in, and more.
To add a spouse and/or any dependents a subscriber may have, repeat the process by clicking the "+Spouse/Domestic Partner" and "+Dependent" buttons respectively.
If you'd prefer to upload your census information, first click the blue "Upload Census" button. Next, select the cloud icon and choose the correct file from your computer. If you're uploading a new census, you'll want to click the blue "Upload" button to input your census into Benefix. If you're simply adding to your existing census or replacing it entirely, you'll want to click "Upload & Add" or "Upload & Replace" respectively.
*NOTE* If you have more than one sheet within your file, you will be prompted to choose the sheet you would like to input.
For more information on how to complete your census, click the link to view this help center article!
Step 3: Select Plans
1. Here you will be able to select the plans you'd like included within your group's proposal. Plans will automatically populate from lowest to highest monthly premium. Move between the product option tabs at the top of the page to select plans for medical, dental, vision and other ancillary products. Filter out which plans you'd like to see using the filters on the left-hand side.
2. To specify which option group you’re selecting plans for, click between each option group tab to select plans for the corresponding option. Add plans to each option group by selecting the checkbox in the top right of the plan or by selecting the blue “Add" button at the bottom of the baseball card view. Click "Next" when you are finished.
Step 4: Quote Summary
1. The final step of the quoting process is the quote summary. Here you're able to verify your quote details, include additional details such as employer contribution and current/renewal plans, and generate your proposal.
2. At the top of the quote summary, you're able to view your quote details, such as effective date, company name, and member count.
3. Scrolling further down the page, you have the option to add a base plan to your proposal, as well as add in your employer contribution for medical, dental, and vision products. For more information regarding this feature, click the link below to view our help center article!
4. Within step 4 of the quoting process, you're also able to add your group's current plan, as well as mark their renewal plan. To see more in-depth information on this process, please click the link below!
5. Once you've finalized the details for your small group, you're ready to download, view and share your proposal. To generate your proposal, click on the button of your preferred format and once it has finished generating, click once more to download the proposal. Your proposal will include your current and renewal plans, all of your alternate options, side-by-side benefit details, census information, and much more.